CIDR Python Introduction to Text Analysis Online
This two-part workshop series will introduce you to working with text data using the spaCy and textacy Python libraries. You will learn to effectively streamline text preprocessing, understand word tokenization, sentence segmentation, part-of-speech tagging, and named entity recognition using a single document (a short excerpt from H.G. Wells's A Short History of the World) and across a corpus of legal documents.
Prerequisites: The Introduction to Python CIDR workshop or equivalent experience.
- Materials: https://github.com/sul-cidr/Workshops/tree/master/Text_Analysis_with_Python
- This workshop will use Jupyter Notebooks. Make sure you have Python Anaconda Distribution 3.6+ installed before the start of the workshop: https://www.anaconda.com/products/individual
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.